AliceW
Level 2

Is anyone else having issues of your entire computer system locking up when trying to print a return from Pro Series Professional?  I have called tech support, updated software, updated drivers, and while it temporarily seemed fixed last week, it is freezing up again today.  Having to power down and restart only for it to freeze up again.  Any solutions would be appreciated.  TIA

Swissandrew
Level 3

I'm having a similar issue when printing to pdf.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

@Orlando 

Any help on this one?

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

We put out an update today, and from data we can see that some people are crashing (program disappears & you get a "Please tell us what happened" crash dialog now when they print to pdf). We haven't been able to reproduce, but we're going to revert the change that probably caused it with an update in a few hours. Like many of these print issues, it seems to be something environmental, like a specific version of windows or dependent library that's different than what we have.

This might be that issue, but the entire system freezing sounds pretty different.   Do you have to restart the machine? Does it happen specifically when you print to the printer, or just when you save to pdf?

IRonMaN
Level 15

Thanks Orlando

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Swissandrew
Level 3

Thanks Orlando.  My issue is only when printing to pdf.  I can print to paper just fine.

0 Cheers
PATAX
Level 15

So far I have not had any issues with this matter. The returns are printing correctly.

AliceW
Level 2

Yes, have to restart the machine each time.  I spent quite a while with Beth from tech support and we finally uninstalled and re-installed the software.  So far that seems to work.  The glitch is now with printing to E-file Cabinet from Pro Series.  The pdf in EFC is total gibberish.  EFC says there is a problem caused by a Windows update and the solution and update may be a couple of weeks out, the problem is partially theirs and partially Pro Series's.  More joys to tax season!!!

0 Cheers
douglasadix
Level 1

I am having the same issue.  I had to uninstall and re-install the program.  It worked for a little while and now it's the same problem.  I'm pretty frustrated and I quite frankly don't have time for this!

0 Cheers
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

If it happens only when you print, I'd first look at this article: https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-news-updates/discussion/unexpected-behavior-pr...

Microsoft put out a bad print update last week, then fixed it with a subsequent update.

AliceW
Level 2

My printing problem seemed to come from a Windows update that ended in the number 802.  My IT person uninstalled it.  It worked for a little while until the 802 update reinstalled itself.  IT removed it again and so far it's working.  It's very frustrating and time-consuming, and apparently not something Pro-Series can or will help you with.

PATAX
Level 15

Thank you for the update Alice ...That is why I am always worried when a Windows update comes through... I would like to know why they always have to update.... like the old saying goes if it is not broken leave it alone...