DRios
Level 2

I am trying to print the K-1s for my S corporations and the program only prints the first stockholder even though there are various.  The actual return only print the first K-1 also.  I am familiar with the program for 20 years and have already checked all the printing options.  Updates are done automatically and I verified again just to make sure.  At first I figured they would do updates to fix this but it hasn't happened.  I have to print the K-1 schedule from inside the program.  Very frustrating.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Based on the way things have gone this year, I have to ask - do the K-1s print correctly if you print to pdf?

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
DRios
Level 2

Crazy enough...yes they do.  The entire return prints with the schedules and all K-1s with subsequent pages.  This does not print when using the print option in the program.  This is nuts!

IRonMaN
Level 15

Thanks for getting back on that.  I have had trouble printing MN business returns so I have been going the pdf route this year.  It's an extra step, but it keeps you rolling.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

@Orlando  - are you folks aware of this printing issue?  Someone else posted about the issue this morning.

Slava Ukraini!
DRios
Level 2

Me too. I had a VA return on one of these 1120S returns and it wasn't printing either.  Thanks for sharing the "back door" to get this to work.  

Hopefully they fix this soon.  

IRonMaN
Level 15

You betcha!

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

Thanks for the callout. I was not aware this was affecting K-1s too.  I'll forward it to the team to investigate.

In tomorrows mid day release we'll have two more work arounds:

Print text as image and Print to Adobe PDF Reader

One of those might be more palatable than the Print to PDF work around.  The first will have slight performance issues (but not as bad as Print to Image).. the Second will require a second click (it will bring up the document in Adobe Reader with their Print Dialog brought up)

IRonMaN
Level 15

Thanks for checking in.  Printing to pdf isn't a big deal.  I just leave my file explorer open to the propdf file so it only requires a couple of extra clicks.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
DRios
Level 2

Thanks for your reply. Do you know if it will be resolved in its entirety so we can print entire returns like normal? The returns are printing through page 5-6 and none of the schedules, details, or second pages of K-1s.  When there are more than one K-1, only the first one prints (page one only).

I file over 1,000 corporate returns and these extra steps keep my office from running smoothly.  I normally print various returns at the same time from the main screen. I am concerned I will miss something by having to use alternate ways to print.

Kindly keep me updated.  Thanks!

0 Cheers
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

We use a third party library to send PDFs to a Printer, and are working with them to try to figure out these issues. Unfortunately I don't have an ETA.  The challenge is that these issues seem to be driver or font specific - we can take the same file, open in ProSeries on our machines, and print to our printers just fine.

However, just to double check assumptions.. can you open ProSeries, Choose Help -> Send Logs, and email the resulting .zip file (saved to your desktop) to proseries_engineering@intuit.com?  I'll double check the print logs.

0 Cheers
DRios
Level 2

Thanks Orlando.  I just emailed the zip file to engineering.  To be clear, the issue is printing from the program directly to a printer.  It is not related to a PDF file.  The way to get a full return is precisely printing a PDF of the return and then printing from Adobe/PDF.

Hopefully this is resolved soon. It is an inconvenience during a very busy time.