Hawk26
Level 3

Getting error message on Form 1065, Designation of Partnership Representative (PR).  Error(s) is "If the PR is an entity." 

Form 1065 correctly lists one of the partners as a representative, but what is the entity question about?

Highlighted error fields look as though I may have a boxed checked "YES" somewhere, but I can't seem to locate it... any others having similar issues?

Thanks!

0 Cheers
Hawk26
Level 3

Please disregard my concern... figured it out!   Thanks.

0 Cheers
kern
Level 3

Do you mind sharing what you changed? I'm running into the same thing for some reason.

0 Cheers
Hawk26
Level 3

On Part V of the Partnership Information Worksheet I had the Partner box AND the Partnership Representative box checked... I deleted the check-mark from the Partnership Representative box and that cleared the error message.

In prior years I had both boxes checked and no error messages... don't know what happened this year with ProSeries Professional.

Hope the above info helps.

Marty

0 Cheers
kern
Level 3

Hi Marty - Thank you for your reply.

I tried unchecking that (mine is a 1065 but for an LLC) - anyway, still stuck.  Guess I'll be contacting support to find out why in the world this won't clear.

0 Cheers
dgle
Level 2

I am having the same problem. I spent two hours yesterday with Proseries. Their final answer was that they could not help me. I hung up. The deadline for filing is TODAY! We really need help with this.

0 Cheers
dgle
Level 2

Did you ever get an answer?

0 Cheers
Hawk26
Level 3

I was finally able to get to a point where the error messages were eliminated, but ProSeries was no help.  Not the first time they hung me out to dry!

Re-visit Part V, Taxpayer Signature Information... try deleting the information you currently have in the required fields, then re-enter it.  Both my federal & state 1065's were accepted.

0 Cheers
dgle
Level 2

I found a fix! Uncheck all of the PR boxes and manually put in the PR information. The pink boxes below go away!

0 Cheers
Hawk26
Level 3

Yay!!

0 Cheers
cajunlady
Level 2

weird.  I tried that and it didnt work..   called Pro Series.   was on hold for over an hour. . then they hung up on me!!   Time for a change. 

0 Cheers
Delby
Level 1

I thank you for the tip getting rid of this remaining issue with turbo tax buisiness for tax year 2022.

I spent 3 hours trying to find a solution to this incredably dumb section of turbotax.

I had the same problem last year and after hours I found a solution but could not remember what it was. I am printing out your solution for a reminder for taxes 2023 since I know turbotax will not fix this problem

0 Cheers
Hawk26
Level 3

Glad I could help.  Wishing you success for the 2022 filing season.

0 Cheers