lyndaj0331
Level 4

I have a new client for 2020.  While reviewing their 2019 return, I noticed errors.  I need to file amended 2019 returns for them.  She used a tax program and e-filed the 2019.  It will not let me e-file the amended saying that i can only e-file if the original was e-filed successfully.  Where do I tell the program that it was e-filed successfully.  I can't find where to input that information.  Or is it even possible.  I hate to mail it - they are so behind with the processing of paper returns. 

Also, does it appears that Maryland is not accepting e-filing of amended returns.  Is this correct?

Thank you.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

ProSeries will only allow you to e-file amended returns for which you filed the original return.  All others go by paper.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Unfortunately YOU had to be the one to successfully Efile the original (using ProSeries) to be able tor you to Efile the amended.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
chasetax
Level 7

maryland is not allowing e-filed 502X--sorry paper for now

lyndaj0331
Level 4

Thank you!

0 Cheers
daviddoestaxes
Level 2

For now?? Any word on when especially with the number of changes that occurred in tax season. Thanks

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

Not this year. I don't even know if it's  in their pipeline.

We're still waiting for them to have efiling of fiduciary returns.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

CA has been accepting Efiled amended returns for a few years now...ProSeries doesnt offer it though.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers