JC4
Level 1

My preparer code keeps disappearing from the program.  We use a network version of ProSeries with about 8 users.  It comes and goes.  In the past week, I've had days where is been there all day and then, I'll go a couple of days where nothing works to get it to stick.  Its killing my productivity, as we can't efile returns when it won't stay.  Nothing changes day-to-day in the network or other operations.  This started about 10 days ago.  I've downloaded the Tools Hub and sometimes running Repair Update will fix it.  Other times not.

Called tech support twice.  Once they had me run the update outside the program and that worked.  Since then, that doesn't work.  The second time they told me it was my problem.  That makes no sense when it works sometimes and not other times and nothing changes on my network.

Anyone else running into this that can provide a permanent solution?

0 Cheers
Tax-Time
Level 3

We have had this problem year after year.  Nothing I've been able to do has fixed the issue and ProSeries support has not been able to provide a solution.  I print a list of the preparer information as soon as I update it the first time for the year so I can more easily re-enter everything.

0 Cheers
JC4
Level 1

Thanks for the reply.  I've never had this problem before and have used ProSeries almost since there was a ProSeries.  Hopefully, someone came up with a solution that doesn't require my entering the data for every single return.  I don't think it will let me efile even if I do manually enter it.

0 Cheers
JC4
Level 1

One of the possibilities they said was my antivirus software.  I use AVG and its never been a problem before.   Tried turning it off and that didn't seem to make a difference.

0 Cheers