chester
Level 3

I've tried everything including hours on the phone with tech support, they're totally useless.  I even sent a "sanitized" data file and the idiot told me it was because the 540-ES is not final - which is not true.  Here's the error message I get, which is totally bogus, it's not being rejected by CA, it's being rejected by Intuit.  There is no missing or incomplete information despite what the error message says.  I've tried deleting the CA return and re-entering, no help.  Now I have the same problem with another client's return

Description: /CA-Return/CA-ReturnData/CA-Payment/PaymentInformation
Error Detail:
There is missing or incomplete information in the payment record.

Review the following information on the California Information Worksheet. After making the following corrections as needed, resubmit the State return electronically:

Part I: A telephone number must be provided. Also, select the related checkbox (e.g., if a work phone number is provided, check the box labeled "Taxpayer Work")

Part VIII: If electing Direct Deposit or Electronic Funds Withdrawal, ensure all banking related information is completed and valid: Account Type (i.e., checking or savings), Routing Number, Account Number.

Error Resolution:
Review the following information on the California Information Worksheet. After making the following corrections as needed, resubmit the State return electronically:

Part I: A telephone number must be provided. Also, select the related checkbox (e.g., if a work phone number is provided, check the box labeled "Taxpayer Work")

Part VIII: If electing Direct Deposit or Electronic Funds Withdrawal, ensure all banking related information is completed and valid: Account Type (i.e., checking or savings), Routing Number, Account Number.

0 Cheers