cnipe
Level 2

Will Pro-Series get the forms released in order to file farmers by the March 1 deadline?  Currently Form 4835, Schedule J and 8582 CR all being released after March 1.

BobKamman
Level 15

Those forms are all available in final form from IRS.  I agree it's incredible that Intuit doesn't want business from farm-return preparers, but the alternative is to file a paper return.  If you're trying to beat the ES penalty, there shouldn't be a problem involving delayed refunds.  Meanwhile, check around on what other software companies have available now, to help you decide what to buy next year.  

jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

add 6252 to the list. (Schedule J affects my taxpayer also)

I am thinking I will have to hand type the affected forms and have the taxpayer file paper returns.

0 Cheers
BobKamman
Level 15

You're showing your age when you mention "typing."  There are fillable PDF's online, if you're good at keyboarding.  

jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

That's what I actually meant - filling in the PDF. Just didn't word it well,

That said this is my 43rd Tax Season so I'm entitled to a miss speak now and then.

0 Cheers
BobKamman
Level 15

I think it was 45 years ago that I was preparing returns for a few US Senators when IRS sent me to its seasonal Capitol office to show not all of its Taxpayer Service employees were slow but inadequate.  Back then it was a safe place to work.  

0 Cheers
The_AntiTax_Man
Level 8

Will need to monitor this PS20 e-file issue regarding: Farm Schedule J & Form 4835

0 Cheers