Well, not to bore you with the details, but if last year is any indication, it won't be fixed anytime soon.  I talked to so many customer service reps last year, all of which checked with whoever they check with, and ProSeries continually claimed the program was correct.  I did the tax calculation challenge, and that was met with crickets.  Finally, I got really pissed off and reached out to someone at Intuit.  All of a sudden, they admitted the program had an error.  They took another couple weeks to update the program.

Honestly, I don't have time, nor I imagine anyone reading this does, to spend a good portion of my day typing in all the issues found.  I can tell you know there is an issue on the 1099B worksheet.  I have a case number on that but no response in over a week.  I can tell you there is an issue on the deductible home mortgage worksheet.  They wouldn't even open a case on that, insisting they were right.   I'm beginning to believe they have our money and just...don't...care.