saxoncpa
Level 2

I just tried to file an extension for a client.  I've set it up the same way I have been for 22 years in Proseries. I keep getting a message "You chose Only transmit extensions when status is set to 1st Extension Ready to EF.  To collecct this issue mark the first extension as Rady to EF  on e-file menu or disable under Tools/Options" 

There is no status to set 1st Extension Ready to EF in the program. That has always been put there by the EF center. I've set the status Ready to EF inside the program.  Doesn't work. When I took off the On'ly Transmit wehn set to 1st" it flagged a fricking K1 form as not final - this is an EXTENSION. Anyuone else having problems. I am just at my wits end with Intuit this year - its the worst I have ever seen it.

0 Cheers
JRC
Level 8

You need to set the status under the E-File tab within the return you are extending electronically

There will need to be a Check mark next to the "First Extension Ready to EF" under the E-File Tab.

0 Cheers
PATAX
Level 15

I understand your frustration....in the past it was simple to file extensions...you may want to wait a little to see if intuit returns it to as it was in past...if you are still having problems, you may want to consider mailing extensions via usps certified mail with return receipt. If you do, make sure you mark on envelope and on return receipt the exact "number of extensions enclosed herein"

0 Cheers
kkwcpa
Level 2

Hi saxoncpa

I was having the same problem. I found that I had to go to the S-Corp information worksheet and scroll down to page 3 where there are checkboxes for which returns are to be filed electronically. I had to check the extensions box and then the Ready For 1st Extension was able to be clicked. I hope this helps. 

Kimberly K Walsh CPA