Swissandrew
Level 3

Is there a way to suppress the DO NOT FILE - FORM NOT FINAL watermark on the W4 or 1040-ES coupons?  February 13th and we can't print without the huge watermarks?  Lacerte is able to print them and it is very cumbersome to have to manually fill out these forms on external pdf's.  There's got to be a simple solution I'm missing.  Any help?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

If they not final (it means IRS has not approved the version that Intuit has for us to use) you cant print them from the program. without the watermark.

W4 is easy enough to grab from the IRS website and let the client fill in. The first ES payment isnt due until April 15th, so theres still plenty of time for that one.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Swissandrew
Level 3

That is very kind of you to take the time to reply.  If the form is readily available online, why should it be hard for Proseries to remove the watermark?  If Google can do it, why not Proseries?  With regards to the ES payments, I recognize there is plenty of time before April 15th but if I have 300 clients waiting for ES vouchers and I have to print them/mail them all as a secondary project when it would be so much easier to simply print them while the client is sitting with me - why should this be so difficult?  

Hoping that some tech genius at Proseries will read this and remove the watermark on the W4 and 1040-ES vouchers.  C'mon guys...you're better than this.

0 Cheers
Swissandrew
Level 3

*Just as a sidenote, Intuit also makes Lacerte and the Lacerte program can print without the watermark so I'm not buying the whole "(it means IRS has not approved the version that Intuit has for us to use)".  Not criticizing your response Lisa, I sincerely appreciate the time you took to reply.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

It’s kind of silly that a form as simple as an estimate voucher takes such a long time to get finalized but that’s the way it’s been for the  last few years.  It’s frustrating but Intuit has a nasty tendency to frustrate people.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Swissandrew
Level 3

I feel a little like the frugal vacationer stuck in coach (Proseries) while I watch the first class guys (Lacerte) snacking on the finest and scoffing at "those guys" who will never know what it's like on the other side of the tracks.  Still rooting that someone will see this thread and click the "let's give 'em a break" box over there at Intuit.

0 Cheers