Rikrdo
Level 2

I spend last night more than 2 hours with pro-series support and still have this issue, I have a specific client with federal and 5 states and when sending to printer it shutdown and locks the client file, on previous versions of pro series   I was able to fix this issue with home base tuneup, but 2020 doesn't have it,  I already tried everything but still have this problem  , including doing all windows 10 updates, and problem doesn't go , it also has happen with other clients

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
What are the states? I know there was a report about one state doing this and its being investigated...I feel like it was a state that starts with an M maybe Michigan? (It didnt apply to my client base so I cant remember for sure)

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Rikrdo
Level 2

I really don't know which state is doing it  but Michigan is one of states included

0 Cheers
Rikrdo
Level 2

do you have a method to unlock a client after pro series shuts down???

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I cant find the post about it, someone had reported it and Intuit was able to reproduce the crash so theyre working on a fix.   That's all I remember, sorry.

If the file locks after the crash,  it must be throwing a bad temp file in somewhere at the crash.  I think if you reboot it will unlock,

Rikrdo
Level 2

rebooting does not work , did it twice and it will still keep the client lock for a while.

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

I had same problem when printing a Michigan return.  per @Orlando  they are working on a fix........here is the conversation thread

Re: Program crashing when printing required Fed Fo... - Intuit Accountants Community

Try unchecking the box to included the "Federal Forms for State"   that's what stopped the crashing for me.  

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Does it say locked by another user?

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/save-data-file/help/this-file-is-currently-locked-by-another...

0 Cheers
Rikrdo
Level 2

sorry, where do I uncheck federal forms for state??

0 Cheers