maximgt
Level 2

I am getting an error message saying that the client's federal return is not eligible for electronic filing because the "EITC is calculating from undocumented sources -- and that the rules are set by the IRS." Filing paper returns by mail, during these times, will mean lengthy time for the IRS to receive and process the return. Further, no information is provided by the software indicating which documents, if any, should be furnished when mailing federal return. Any thoughts? Thank you.  

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 14

That seems to be a program error that Intuit is investigating.  So it will likely be corrected in the near-ish future.

But I personally haven't hear if they actually WILL be fixing it, or if they are still just looking into the issue.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Are you using the 2019 EITC lookback and have no earned income in 2020?  I believe this is just a programming glitch that should eventually be fixed.

@IntuitAustin can you confirm this?

@TaxGuyBill was it you that mentioned the same thing is happening in TurboTax and theres a plan for it to be fixed?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
we both replied at the same time! 😄

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
TaxGuyBill
Level 14

I beat you by a few seconds.   😂

I read that TurboTax was "investigating" it, which is the terminology that they use when there is a program error that needs to be fixed.  And I have 'heard' (but not confirmed) that other software has not had this problem, which would mean it is an Intuit programming error.

maximgt
Level 2

Does anyone know if Intuit addressed the software glitch for both Turbo Tax and ProSeries platforms?

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 14
0 Cheers
maximgt
Level 2

Yes, using the 2019 EITC lookback and have no earned income in 2020. I hope this gets fixed soon. I suspect many taxpayers may use the 2019 lookback feature.