AquilonTax
Level 1

I'm preparing individual tax with a taxpayer that has no health insurance coverage.  In 2020, taxpayers in CA state are now subject to shared responsibility penalty.

Because of the above new rule, Intuit Proseries has just release the updates with Form 3853.

When I printed and generated the pdf copy of the tax returns,  CA tax form 540 shows the correct computation for  tax due(includes the shared responsibility penalty).  However, tax summary and instruction for filing, efiling worksheets and other forms such as form because shared responsibility penalty is not accounted on all other forms.

Need technical support team for Proseries to correct the errors.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Its been reported. 

It gets ever weirder (at least it did a week ago, I havent checked it recently) if theres an estimated payment involved, the 540 doesnt compute the balance due properly, it leaves out the ISR penalty.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
LG10
Level 1

CA Shared Responsibility penalty isn't working correctly, client had insurance for 11 months and the 1 month is exempt but it is still calculating incorrectly the penalty when there is no penalty due.

0 Cheers
singh
Level 7

I had e-filed two returns for clients who had no health insurance coverage. Both returns were rejected by CA.

I received the error Code F3853 with "Error Resolution: There is an issue with this topic in the product. 

This issue is resolved in a product release scheduled for February 18, 2021. Please update your software on or after 02/18/2021------------"

So I am going to wait until 02/18/2021.

0 Cheers
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same issue. Form 3853 is being generated when it should not be. 

0 Cheers