PJHart
Level 1

I assigned To Dos to 65 clients using Intuit Link and sent out emails inviting them to accept.  A client told me there were no ToDos for 2020 - the message said, you'll get an email once I post them.  I then tried my own tax return, which I was using as a test case and there are no ToDos' either.  When I tested my own tax return prior to sending out the invites I had 20 or so To Dos - it worked fine.  Any ideas how to fix this?

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

First, make sure your clients click on the button within your invite (which contains a token) and use the email address to which the invite is sent (which should be populated automatically by the browser) to log into Intuit Link for the first time for the year.  This will ensure their Intuit Link account is "connected" properly to yours.  Often times, problems occur when clients try to log into Intuit Link for a new year using their credentials without first clicking on the button.

If this doesn't work, logging in directly for a second time would sometimes do the trick.

Give that a try and let us know how it goes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
PJH
Level 2

I tried the second idea (log in directly) for my own test tax return.  I logged into link.intuit.com.  It says there are no to do’s.

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

Did you first log into Intuit Link by clicking on the button in the invite?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
PJH
Level 2

Thanks to your patient help I figured out the problem.  I invited all 65 clients from the Client page.  An ACCEPT by them from that request simply meant they agreed to participate in IntuitLink.  In order to get them their tailored list of requests I set up for them, I needed to click on client and then Send the Draft Requests separately.  It’s a button that only appears within client until the ToDos are sent.  This process had to be done for each client.  Seems redundant - if client accepts IntuitLink, of course, he wants his list of requests.  Why should I have to do a two-step?  But ok, tax season can now continue for me!  Thank you again!

0 Cheers