ritastone001
Level 5

Heads up!  Have a client who just called me and said their last stimulus amount had just hit her bank.  Good thing I don't transmit returns until after the IRS starts accepting.   

BobKamman
Level 15

Did you ask her how she knows?  I have clients who don't bank online.  They know a deposit was received January 3 when they receive their monthly January statement. 

TAXOH
Level 11

I've been telling my clients that said they hadn't received the 2nd one yet to call me if it shows up before the 12th.

ritastone001
Level 5

These clients use online banking daily. The amount just went in.

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

I think this is for the taxpayer who used one of those third-party companies to take the tax preparation fee out of their refund (or refund advance or whatever else those things are).

The IRS messed up and sent those to the wrong bank accounts, and the IRS said they were going to resend those ones to the correct account (I have stuck in my head that today was the last day, but I would need to look that up).

I guess the IRS felt that their screwup was a valid excuse to ignore the law's deadline of January 15th to send those payments.

PATAX
Level 15

Thank you for the information.....I also wonder if checks that may have been mailed before cut off date may have not yet been received due to possible postal delays.....

sjrcpa
Level 15

I think that is a reasonable assumption.

Ex-AllStar