jgassler
Level 3

I know 1040's can't be processed.  However, I track my returns for management purposes.  I efiled a 2020 1040 last night with a NC state return.   This morning, the return does not show in any efile center screen list.  It's still out there in the 1040 register.

Does anyone know what's going on here?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I know if I file a Fed return and a CA return together, the CA return will sit in limbo (pending) until the Fed return gets accepted....could this be what youre seeing?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
jgassler
Level 3

I understand that problem.  In this case, the return disappears entirely from the EF Center.  It's not on the listing for any of the 4 tabs.  I just released another one this morning with a NY and SC return and it's nowhere to be seen in the EF Center either.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Hmmm, Im not sure about that, I havent Efiled any returns and won't until after the 12th (I see theres a bill introduced that is trying to get some of the unemployment to be nontaxable, so Im holding off)

I did see a post a few days ago that someone mentioned they found missing files down at the bottom of the EF center list....could it be throwing the state returns down out of order?

jgassler
Level 3

You're right.  I sorted the list to get the efiled returns together and they were all at the bottom.  Early season brain lapse.  Thanks.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Early season program weirdness! LOL No clue why it does that, but Im glad you found them!

0 Cheers