kwperry
Level 2

Client has a 12 MB QuickBooks Portable backup file and he has not been able upload to me using Intuit Link.  As a test I tried uploading to this  client a previous 12 MB QuickBooks Portable backup fie of his company to him.  The upload  circular arrow starts but the upload doesn't finish it say it is scanning for virus's for more than an hour.   Any ideas?

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

File size limit is supposed to be 30MB (see articles below).  Was going to ask you to check your connection and firewall but these are unlikely the cause since it happens to both you and your client.  Suggest you contact Support when they reopen tomorrow.

https://accountants-community.intuit.com/articles/1606608-intuit-link-send-documents-to-a-client-via...

https://accountants-community.intuit.com/articles/1606402-intuit-link-upload-documents-to-send-to-th...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
LindaE
Level 1

This says solved but what is the solution? To "contact support"?

0 Cheers
bobbcat1969
Level 1

For me, uploading tax docs to my preparers link in painfully slow.  I am sending one PDF scan at a time.  Granted, the scans can be 7-8MB each in size.  Experience with other sites and similar file sizes tells me to expect upload times to be a few minutes over DSL.  However, my uploads to Intuit are getting hung up for sometimes 30-45 minutes, "uploading", then "scanning for viruses".  I have to keep canceling the uploads and re-trying.  When they finally go through after multiple tries, they take just a couple minutes..  Very frustrating.  

0 Cheers
semaj
Level 1

Why is a 30MB size limit imposed on file uploads?  Can this limit be increased?

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

@bobbcat1969This Community is a peer to peer forum, open only to tax professionals.  If you have any questions or require support, please contact your tax accountant.

@semajYou can't adjust the limit.  If you want to know the real reason, you'd need to ask Intuit.  But it's likely because they want to strike a balance between cost and utility based on the typical size of tax documents.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

For reply to the original issue: I believe people are trying to upload invalid filetypes, such as that QB data file is not a Tax Format nor a document and not a pdf file. That's when the spinner just keeps spinning. This is not a DropBox-like tool. I haven't been able to find a "valid filetypes" reference list, though. For scanning, a resolution of 300dpi is fine; more than this creates large files. I have a photo-quality scanner that will go ridiculously high; the new iPhone HEIC format seems to be a similar issue.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers