CR EA
Level 1

Proseries error when I try to open tax client in 2020 that I'd been working on previously today.  Message reads:

"Proseries cannot open this return because it contains data for the following product module(s) that are not installed.  To Install the missing product module(s) go to the Proseries 'Update' menu, and choose 'Select and Download New Products'.

1)

2)                                "

I've updated 'New Products', Installed products, Refreshed  Updates and shut down and restarted Proseries several times.  I've clicked in 'Tools' then 'Database Maintenance'.  Updated Windows and Shut down and Restarted my computer.  Anyone have any 

0 Cheers
Fabian
Level 4

1. What state or states were included in that return? Or was it a federal only?

2. If you create a brand new return with some test data in it, can you then go to that same state?

0 Cheers
CR EA
Level 1

Created a new return with AZ state, opens up each time I try just fine.  Other still won't open.

0 Cheers
Fabian
Level 4

1. Do other returns (that you worked on recently) open fine?

2. I understand you updated ProSeries after you saw this error but did you update ProSeries between the moment you worked on it earlier today and the moment you saw the error for the first time?

3. Is your ProSeries installation Stand-alone or Network?

0 Cheers
CR EA
Level 1

1. yes

2. Proseries is set to automatically update, very likely that it had updated at some point in between

3. Stand alone

0 Cheers
CR EA
Level 1

Started over with this client. Ended up deleting 20data file that wouldn't open. Transferred client data from 2019 again and re entered his numbers and documents. 

0 Cheers