LinZee
Level 2

Is anyone else having trouble attaching a pdf file when you are in the PA state return?  Once I click "attach files" it wants me to select "Philadelphia BIRT" or "Philadelphia NPT".  I don't want either of those and even if I do select one of those, I just get a message that says they are not supported.  I want to send the pdf with the PA-40.

Any ideas??

0 Cheers
PATAX
Level 15

Per Pa DOR customer help website answer to question on it "I efiled & have documents to attach. How do I get attachments to the department?" :          1.) document can be faxed directly to PA DOR  2.) PDF file  can be directly emailed to pa dor. or 3.) can be mailed directly to it.   You may want to consider asking client if he just wants to mail the entire return and supplemental documentation - client can opt out of efiling directly on PA40.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
rjholton
Level 3

I have not had a problem.  I successfully attached a copy of a client's W-2 to the PA return due to an "incorrect" withholding amount.  I allows me a choice of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia BIRT, or Philadelphia NPT in the drop down box.  However, I have not e-filed the return yet. 

If you can't get it to work, I would recommend e-filing the return as planned and faxing or e-mailing the additional information to PA.  I'm trying to avoid filing anything on paper due to the combination of postal delays and processing delays at PA DOR.

0 Cheers