pagethemann2
Level 2

How do you transfer ProSeries 2019 PDF's to ProSeries 2020 t

0 Cheers
Accountant-Man
Level 12

There is no reason to do that. A pdf does not come into a return.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You don't transfer PDFs, each year has its own folder under C:/ProPDF (unless you've changed the default folder)

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
IRonMaN
Level 15

How? ———- Magic! 

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
pagethemann2
Level 2

I'm sorry for not including all details. My laptop crashed; however, I had backup all returns through PDF created by ProSeries. I had to redownload ProSeries prior years and current, but how to do roll the ProSeries PDF's from 2019 into 2020 ProSeries?. 

0 Cheers
pagethemann2
Level 2

I'm sorry for not including all details. My laptop crashed; however, I had backup all returns through PDF created by ProSeries. I had to redownload ProSeries prior years and current, but how to do roll the ProSeries PDF's from 2019 into 2020 ProSeries?.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

You can't.  Pdfs don't roll into a readable form for the software.  Unfortunately, if you didn't back up the actual ProSeries client files, you are SOL.

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You cant roll a 2019 PDF into a 2020 tax file. 

If you didnt save the actual tax files as backup (this is more important that saving PDF's), you'll need to reenter the returns manually.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
pagethemann2
Level 2

Thank you for the information; I guess It's time to leave ProSeries and return to my old software provider. 

IRonMaN
Level 15

No tax software is going to have the capability to convert a pdf to tax data.  Instead of blaming ProSeries, you might use this as a learning experience and start learning how to properly backup your computer data.

Slava Ukraini!