david3
Level 7

I was looking for information regarding how tax returns will be held and released for e-filing on 2/12.

I tried to e-file a return hoping Intuit would put it in their queue and release it according to the date received by Intuit. However, I could not e-file the return through PS.

The reason I'm asking is because a client has custody of his child. However, the child's mother is planning to claim the child too. She will probably go to the IRS e-file free website to file her return. The site says taxpayers can begin filing today.

So since the first come first serve will determine who can e-file a return claiming the child, I wanted to see if there was a way to get the return in a queue now so my client's tax return will be e-filed first.

I'm not sure if the IRS free website will have precedence when returns are released for e-filing. The IRS website said that the returns will be held until 2/12 and then be released for e-filing. The site also said other tax software companies are also allowing taxpayers to file now and the return will be released for e-filing on 2/12. I guess PS isn't one of those software companies. Hmmm......

Thanks for your help. 

0 Cheers