Spanky
Level 3

I would like to share an agonizing 3 day ordeal (10-12 hours on and off with Intuit, McAfee and Dell) I had gone through in attempting to download Pro Series 2020.  Hopefully this will help anyone having the same difficulty I had.  It all ends happily.

I have used Pro Series for many years, never with this problem. Every time I attempted to download the program from either the 2019 program or directly from the internet, I would get an error message.  Thanks to a tech support agent in Georgia this morning named Thesena, who helped me greatly, I was on the road to getting the issue resolved.

Turns out two things must be done.  The Windows Version must be "20H2" and a thing called C++Redistributable must be totally up to date.  Both have to be downloaded separately. Intuit, please inform all your tech support of this.   I didn't even have to turn off my firewall or uninstall the virus protection. Enjoy your tax season    

dkh
Level 15

Thanks for sharing.  I check this forum daily to see what issues/problems others are experiencing.  Sometimes I check to see if anyone has a recipe to share...lol

IRonMaN
Level 15

@dkh  - here are some recipes you probably don't have.

LUTEFISK RECIPES

Old Fashioned Lutefisk: Lutefisk should be thawed and cut into serving size pieces (8-12 oz. portions).  Combine 3 quarts of water with 1 ½ Tbsp. of salt. Bring to a boil, and then add the fish.  Cook 8-11 minutes or until fish flakes. Remove fish from water and serve immediately.  Cook fish to internal temperature of 140°F – DO NOT OVERCOOK.

Traditional Lutefisk: Preheat oven to 375°F degrees. Place thawed fish in a casserole dish and cover with foil. Bake 30 minutes or until fish flakes. Remove pan from oven and serve immediately.  Cook fish to internal temperature of 140°F – DO NOT OVERCOOK.

Microwave Lutefisk: Place thawed fish in a microwave safe dish and cover. Cook on medium/high setting for 8-10 minutes. Watch closely as microwave powers vary. Remove fish from dish and serve immediately.  Cook fish to internal temperature of 140°F – DO NOT OVERCOOK.

Norwegian Lutefisk Taco: Put a piece of lefse on a dinner plate. Top with a thin layer of mashed potatoes. Flake lutefisk on top of the potatoes. Pour melted butter over the top. Add salt and pepper to taste.

As an IRonMaN side note - as far as the Taco recipe goes, just keep the lefse and throw the rest of the ingredients in the garbage can.  But have a tight lid on the garbage can --------- you don't want to harm any of the animals in your neighborhood.

Slava Ukraini!
dkh
Level 15

Thank you @IRonMaN . You are correct, I did not have these recipes.    I just watched a youtube video :  Lutefisk aka Nasty Norwegian Fish - Why Would You Eat That?

IRonMaN
Level 15

It's just an old tradition for old Norwegians that goes back to the days of storing fish without modern day refrigeration.  The stuff can look nasty and it can taste nasty.  However, if someone makes it that actually knows what they are doing it can end up looking and tasting like normal fish.  But no matter how well it is cooked, there is no way to completely get rid of the odor that is generated from the fish.  Actually, for those folks that had the minor COVID symptoms of just losing their sense of taste and smell, that was a good time to try lutefisk.  

Slava Ukraini!
Spanky
Level 3

Keep your recipes!  Intuit Sucks  

0 Cheers