taxprep
Level 2

I want to mark question number A on the prior year earned income election smart worksheet, on the Earned Income Credit Worksheet so that it has to be answered, so that we don't forget to check it out.  I want it to come up as an error on every return to make sure that we take care of our clients.  Thank you

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Im not sure YOU can make a certain question come up as an error so it has to be answered, ProSeries generally does that for us...so any questions that must be answered, get flagged as an error until you mark them one way or the other.

I dont think that EIC lookback part is finalized in the program yet, is that what youre referring to?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
taxprep
Level 2

Yes, it is.  We just spoke to them and they are considering doing it in their next update.  We don't want to miss answering that question.  Thank you for your reply. 

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

"..........they are considering doing it in their next update"

OK, that's my laugh for the morning/day/week/month/filing season.

@taxprep  - I'm not being rude, but please, please do not expect Intuit to either have listened to you or to implement your idea (no matter how good it is) that quickly, if ever.  It's just not how they do business. 

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I would hope to see a final version of this form sometime before the end of the month.

.Once its finalized I would hope they make it so that a box needs to be checked one way or the other.

First year for a new form, expect some delays and possibly bugs.

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

There is still a question on the due-diligence form that doesn't show the error when left blank.  They said they were going to fix that over a year ago (or was it two years?).  

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
that's true!

0 Cheers