dascpa
Level 11

I have been using Fixed Asset Manager (FAM) for a zillion years.  It's a pretty good, but not perfect program.  You could alternatively enter the data directly into the ProSeries tax program.  I tend to use it mostly on clients where (a) they have a lot of fixed assets, or (b) I want to generate reports by category for general ledger use (ex: I set up Furniture and Fixtures, Machinery and Equipment, Leasehold Improvements, Land Improvements, etc., etc. categories to match by balance sheet, or (c) I want to track down to the penny whereas I only use whole dollars on the tax return, or (d) I want to prepare personal property tax reports, or (e) I want to import and export to/from ProSeries.  You do not get tax forms printed from FAM but you can get tax reports to match.  I do not use these as I will import FAM into ProSeries and it works wonderfully.  Then if I realized I screwed up I can delete the FAM import, fix and re-import.  And yes, the MACRS/ACRS/200db/150db/etc. don't exactly match the ProSeries input but that doesn't matter as long as the correct depreciation method and life is used.  Where FAM fails is the state depreciation.  Not the calculation but that ProSeries cannot print state depreciation reports so I have to confirm that any decoupling is correct.