I want to create a second version so I can test different variables.  How do I do this?  Thanks.

0 Cheers
clr600
Level 8

File save as use another file name.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Use SAVE AS in the drop down File menu on the top toolbar and give it a new name.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
IRonMaN
Level 15

Instead of having 15 files for one client, why not just use the tax planner?

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
For a couple of quick adjustments, I agree.

For something like a sale of a rental or something more complex, I get a much better idea of whats would happen if I make a "what-if" copy of the return.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
rbynaker
Level 13

Also there's no state tax planner.  I would always just do VA in a different tax planner column and override the tax calculation but we have an easy state tax system that mostly follows federal.  If you're doing CA or NJ (for example), they might not even agree with federal on what constitutes taxable wages.  So I can see a use for a separate file.  Just depends on the circumstances.

Thank you for the replies!  How do I make a "what if" copy?  Where do I find the planner?  Sorry, I am new to ProSeries.  I have ProSeries Professional version.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

If you scoot down the list of forms on the left side of your screen, you will find it towards the end of the list.  Or you could try typing "tax planner" into the green "where do I enter" button.

The "what if" copy Lisa was talking about was going the route you originally asked about ------ making a copy of the return.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

clr600
Level 8

Open client and go to the tools menu. The client has to be open.

0 Cheers

Thanks so much to all of you and thanks for telling me about the planner!  I did not know it was there.  I've found navigating around ProSeries kind of hard so really appreciate this forum.  I

IRonMaN
Level 15

You betcha!

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers