Orlando
Intuit Alumni

I understand the feedback. I've been looking at this message from Microsoft for a few weeks thinking the exact same thing. It works fine, I don't want it to change... i don't even want to try it.

2020-11-26_07-20-34.png

The thing is, time marches on.  Outlook and ProSeries are not stand alone programs that would be fine forever if we didn't touch them. They depend on hundreds of libraries and dozens of companies that churn out new stuff and obsolete or break the old stuff. For example, Microsoft alone has introduced about 5 different UI technologies over the years, with each one having different paradigms to go along with changes in their operating systems. We have to change with them, for cost, resource and risk reasons. Along the way, we also end up having to swap out stuff from companies that went out of business. That also introduces change, and it's not economically feasible to go back and get these new things to look and act the same as always. It's also not want new customers expect. 

That all being said, we strive for a balance and appreciate the constructive feedback and suggestions so that we can keep iterating. My favorite suggestion is to just transfer the custom views year over year (hopefully next year you won't even need to launch the custom view wizard).  I understand many people have suggested that many times over the years.. but i look forward to seeing if we can implement that change for TY20->TY21 transfer. 

0 Cheers