TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@dascpa wrote:

Went on QB Community Board - not great for professionals. It appears with the 2021 desktop version we get a 1-year subscription.  If you're like me you have clients on QB1999-QB2020 and they never upgrade.  This means we have to keep old versions active.  Does this now mean we will have to renew all desktop versions every year forward so I may be paying in 2022 for 2022 and 2021, and in 2023 for 2023, 2022, and 2021?, etc.?

Yeah, I think they got rid of the Professional QB forum.

As far as I can tell, the "subscription" is an OPTION (it seems like Intuit is adding the word "plus" to the subscription options).  That gives you customer support, updates and the new annual version each year.

So if your clients get the "subscription", they will have the new version each year.  If they just by the DVD or download, then it is similar to before.

So in answer to your question, probably not?  Without the "subscription", the older versions won't get updates and may not be supported by Customer Support, but otherwise it seems like they are still fully usable.

That is how I interpret it.