Time44-80
Level 2

Do I need to retype my complaint here?

ProSeries 2019 will not allow me to update.  Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Go to *refresh*  It's somewhere in the same area as *update* (I use Lacerte)

Or wait for Lisa to post the picture of where to go... but she may be busy evacuating from the Glass Fire in Napa/Sonoma/Santa Rosa

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

Sorry you are having issues, couple of things to try, in home view click on updates, scroll down to refresh updates, and see if that works. If not go to windows start, scroll down to ProSeries 2019, scroll down to tools-repair updates. Hopefully one of the two will help

George4Tacks
Level 15
Time44-80
Level 2

I tried all the solutions, however, it DID NOT update my ProSeries 2019.  It still tells me I have an outdated program.  PLEASE HELP I REALLY NEED THIS UPDATED.  If I cannot get the problem solved then I won't need to ProSeries 2020 either will I?

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Then CALL SUPPORT.... 

We aren't them & yelling at us doesn't help - we are volunteers.

( Generic Comment )"

View solution in original post

Time44-80
Level 2

I tried calling them but the phone number I used last time just rings once and the operator tells me to

hang up and redial, I figured they are all working at home since so many places are closed.  Did not realize that everybody are volunteers. Sorry I came on to strong but I am really frustrated. I have one 1040 that I filed an extension for that needs to be filed but I am unable to do so and have been trying for a week now.  I guess I will just give up for now and try again next week or so. 

My apologies. 

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Try this.  Close ProSeries, and restart the computer.   Don't start up PS again, use REPAIR updates from the Windows programs menu.....see if that does the trick.    It may take 3-5 minutes for this to complete, its going to dump all the other updates you've ever installed and download it all new.

repair2019updates.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
abctax55
Level 15

@Just-Lisa-Now- 

I sent you an email... is the fire threatening you?

( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I just responded to the Email, but it looks like its stuck in my outbox.

Im all good where I am.   The blue spots are my home and office....little close for comfort.  But as long as it they can keep it from coming over this one ridge, theyve been backburning there to try and hold it, I think we'll be ok.  They had to do the same thing with the Tubbs fire in 2017.  

Air quality is terrible, everything is covered in ashes....hardly any traffic though!  Thanks for checking on me!  🙂

firemondayam.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

Lisa, I hope they keep it at bay.

Ex-AllStar
abctax55
Level 15

I got the email... stay safe. 

( Generic Comment )"