Still trying to create custom Client Presentations (or even TRULY custom letters).
Started comparing the "codes" in the Standard Letters vs. what is listed in Excel for the Client Presentations. They don't match. Here are some examples:
Federal Adjusted Gross Income
- <@FDIAGI> in order to insert the value in a standard letter (or engagement letter or amendment letter)
- =cy_AGI in order to insert the value in an Excel Client Presentation
- =py_AGI in order to insert the previous year's AGI in the Client Presentation (note: can't find a code for prior year in the standard letter codes
Federal Taxable Income
- <@FDITI> in order to insert the value in a standard letter
- =cy_taxable_income in order to insert in the Client Presentation
I initially thought if I could use the standard letter codes as a guide, I might be able to customize the Excel Client Presentation. But in one case AGI is abbreviated in both the standard letter and the Client Presentation, but for taxable income in one case it is TI and the other it is spelled out.
As I wrote initially, I want to customize some things (like which clients need to start talking to me about RMDs). I also want to create a two-year comparison for the STATE.
So, where can I get a list of the codes? There are obviously more codes than are listed in just the standard letters (i.e. current year and prior year), but what I would really like is for the Client Presentation.