qbteachmt
Level 15

There's no reason to assume I was being rude; it was Concern for you. I'm concerned that, given you told us your profession, you didn't know this. So, of course I and others here are willing to Help. That's what we do. I teach this. I teach this to business people, such as you would take my class. So, Calm Down.

It isn't an issue of hiring someone to do payroll. Here's what you seem to be asking:

First, 1099 is Not Income. It is the reporting of business payments from one business to another for professional services (for NEC) when the amount reaches at least $600. That means you can even make $2 million as a Sole Prop and as long as the people paying you either are paying for Personal work (not a business-to-business relationship) or they each pay under $600, you would never get a 1099 from anyone. Your Income is not the 1099. It's the Income you actually get from your business activity.

Second, you asked if You should be paid via W-2 and I was confused and commented on this. Are you asking about being paid by some Broker that you work under? Because now you would need to learn about Worker Classification. We cannot tell you if you are Misclassified.

You indicate you are running your own business. You can be an Employee for someone, and still have other clients that you work With (not For) as your independent business. Your own Sole Prop entity cannot pay you through payroll and W2 by law.

Hope that helps.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.