SW
Level 1

I usually get my federal acceptance response within an hour of E-filing.  I have received no acceptance on multiple federal returns filed over the last 24 hours.  I have received state acceptance though.  Anyone else seeing the same problem?  Wish they would put up an alert if it is a problem like it was back in June.    Thanks

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

IRS is closed this weekend for system maintenance.

Issue Number:  2020-36

1. Labor Day weekend system outage reminder

Please be advised that on Saturday, Sept. 5, beginning at 8 p.m. ET through Monday, Sept. 7, at 8 p.m., a scheduled power outage will occur for the 7200 EFax line. The fax line will ring “busy” during this time.

In addition, three key operational systems, Modernized eFile (MEF), eServices, and Filing Information Returns Electronically (FIRE), will be unavailable over the Labor Day weekend while the IRS conducts routine maintenance:

• MeF (both Production and ATS) will be down beginning 7:00 p.m. Sept. 5 through Sept. 8 at 7:00 a.m. EDT. Please refrain from accessing the MeF Systems to transmit business, individual or state tax returns, retrieve acknowledgements or submit any other service requests.
  • The e-Services Transcript Delivery System, TIN Matching, ACA and the e-file Application systems will be unavailable from 9:00 p.m. Sept. 5 through Sept. 8 at 6:00 a.m. EDT. Please refrain from accessing the system during this time.
  • Filing Information Returns Electronically (FIRE) System (both Production and Test) will be temporarily unavailable over the Labor Day weekend beginning 4:00 p.m., Sept. 5 through Sept. 8 at 8:00 a.m. EDT. Please refrain from accessing the FIRE Systems to transmit information returns, check file status, or submit any other services during this time.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

abctax55
Level 15

@SW 

To (again) quote @qbteachmt :

Go here and sign up for e-newsletters, so that you get the info to your email:

https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/USIRS/subscriber/new?preferences=true

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
qbteachmt
Level 15

@SW 

"Wish they would put up an alert if it is a problem like it was back in June."

Yes, "they" did this. It would come to your email inbox if you sign up for the e-newsletters, here:

https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/USIRS/subscriber/new?preferences=true

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
qbteachmt
Level 15

Dang it! That time, it seems we were answering concurrently. Sheesh.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

@SW 

Additionally, Intuit pushed out an alert via the program notifying of the (annual) shut-down.

( Generic Comment )"
abctax55
Level 15

@qbteachmt 

Remember the "old" forum, where we could see if, and who, was drafting a response?

( Generic Comment )"