dkh
Level 15

I am reviewing SCorp tax return for a client.  You may remember I asked several months ago about dissolution  of SCorp and what happens to the assets.   Yeah it's that tax return. 

So here is the transaction that I'm stuck on.  Before the decision to dissolve the corporation and it was actually the impetus for that decision , a shareholder (sibling to my client)  traded all his  SCorp shares  for land that was owned by SCorp.    I think this should be handled as decrease in land asset and increase to Treasury stock.    The preparer of the return reported on Form 4797 as land sold.  

In case it makes any difference value of stock $118,000  FMV of land $168,000 

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

The other preparer appears to be correct.  The corporation no longer owns a chunk of land that it used to call its own, so it sounds sold for the tune of $168,000.  Then someone had to go mop up to get all of the debits and credits to balance on the balance sheet side of the transaction once the land was gone.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

dkh
Level 15

Thank you.  I don't have access to the mop bucket with all the debits and credits swirling inside.   

IRonMaN
Level 15

You betcha!

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers