swongtax
Level 4

Hi, if anyone out there in MA tried to purchase Proseries Basic on August 29, 2020 like I did, check your credit card receipt for the posting amount.  They erroneously added sales tax!!

Note:  August 29-30 2020 was a sales tax free weekend in MA!!!

Even though my printed receipt excluded the MA sales tax (which thank goodness I saved), the credit card posted an amount with sales tax added.  

Also, the immediate email confirmation I received on Aug 29 for my renewal order contained an error.  My email was dated 8/29/2020, but it says the Order date was 8/24/2020, and the Proseries added a sales tax amount to my order (even though the original receipt indicated Sales tax = 0).

It took me over 45 minutes on the phone to request the sales tax as a credit into my account.

They don't know what happened, and why it happened, but they couldn't even issue me a credit back to my credit card.

In 2019, I also ordered Proseries on a tax free weekend, and there were no issues.

**BUYER BEWARE!

Sui

taxiowa
Level 9
Level 9

Is there a way you can recoup that tax directly from MA?  Because Iowa passed a law last July that software was not taxable.  Intuit did not know this so I had to file a form with Iowa to recoup tax.  Sometimes Intuit does not keep up with individual state exemption weekends or tax law changes.

View solution in original post

sjrcpa
Level 15

Ironic, isn't it?

Ex-AllStar