NancyD
Level 1

I have a client's Pennsylvania individual income tax return that was filed electronically. When I tried to access the EF Information page, it shows that it was accepted for electronic filing on 8/14/2020. However, just below the acceptance date, it indicates that return was not eligible for electronic filing. How can that be? How can the return be accepted and be ineligible for electronic filing at the same time?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Go back out to the EFCenter, highlight the state return then hit F12, that should open the Efiling reports window, choose Acknowledgements...what does it show you there?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Accountant-Man
Level 12

Did you program a debit for tax due? The program is set up to only allow the current date. When you e-filed, it had to be TODAY(whatever day that was). IE, you e-filed on 8/1, the debit date had to be 8/1. Cannot be 8/2 for example.

You did it correctly and it went through.

But today is 8/26, therefore the program says that the debit date is wrong.

This is a programming issue on Intuit's fault.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
NancyD
Level 1

I did that and it shows that the return was accepted (with a code). I printed that report. But when I check the client's PA return, the EF Instructions page still says it is not eligible for electronic filing, but it was accepted on 8/14/2020. This client had multiple state returns (9 in total) and ALL of the other returns were accepted without a problem. The client is due a refund from PA so no tax was paid with the return.

0 Cheers
NancyD
Level 1

No tax was due (the client is due a refund from PA). I filed a federal and 9 state returns for this client and all of the others were accepted without a problem including the two returns that had payments due. I did call ProSeries and they indicated I needed to update the software again, which I did, but that did not change the EF Instructions page. It still shows that the return was accepted for electronic filing but it is also ineligible for electronic filing. I told the client to let me know when they receive the refund from PA so I know for sure it was received and accepted.

0 Cheers