TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Does anybody else see my post about what Intuit is doing with the e-filed amended returns?  Are they censoring me now because I made a complaint?

sjrcpa
Level 15

I don't see it. 

Ex-AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

Did you try posting it to their notice or start a new post?

Slava Ukraini!
rbynaker
Level 13

I saw it.  It was removed.  My browsing history says it was here:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-discussions/discussion/e-filed-amended-returns...

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Thanks Rick.  It shows it was marked as spam.  Are you able to read that post now, or is it just me?

rbynaker
Level 13

I'm not able to read it.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Its gone.

I saw that Drake is letting people send them in already and holding them until IRS opens.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
sewcpa
Level 5

I gave you a thumbs up on your post. Did you lose the cheer too?

abctax55
Level 15

Bill - post it again & let's see what happens.  

Did they send you a " you better behave" email?

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
sjrcpa
Level 15

I got one of those emails when BettyJo removed a post of mine.

Ex-AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

The good news is, we aren't AlStars anymore so at least they can't threaten to take that away from us when we get into "good trouble"

Slava Ukraini!
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Yes, I saw the cheer but that disappeared too.

Here was the original post:

@Matt B 

I have a question/complaint about the soon-to-be new ability to e-file amended returns.

Can all Individual Amended filing types be e-filed?
Only an e-filed Form 1040 or 1040-SR can be amended. An original return that was paper filed cannot have an e-filed amended return. The original return must have been e-file through your ProSeries software.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-news-updates/discussion/individual-amended-for...

That is an Intuit-imposed restriction, rather than an IRS limitation.   WHY is Intuit doing that?  Does Intuit hate its customers that much?

That pretty much eliminates almost all of the usefulness of being able to e-file the amended returns.  Most of my amending is from tax returns that were done by other preparers.

Intuit strikes again.  Yet another reason to hate Intuit and look into other software.

IRonMaN
Level 15

That rule really is stupid.  I don't file many amended returns, but when I do it is usually correcting someone else's screw up.  And I was kind in saying that.  That just plain sucks.

As a side note, if that comment is spam I think they really need to start marking all of the Turdddotaxxer posts as spam.  Your post was valid, Turddotaxxer posts are inappropriate in a professional tax forum.

Slava Ukraini!
BobKamman
Level 15

They don't hate customers, they just love money.  Think of all the pay-per-return customers.  They haven't figured out a way to add amended returns to the count, or to sort them out from the alien-software originals.  So unless you paid the cover charge, we aren't going to let you see the band's second set.  

mdtao31
Level 7

AMEN

IntuitAustin
Intuit Alumni

Good morning @TaxGuyBill,

Your post was caught by our spam filter, I'm not sure why it was caught but it was not suppressed manually or intentionally. 

I'm looking into your question with our product team right now, I'll reply to your original thread when I have more information. 

Austin 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"
IRonMaN
Level 15

So a guy (or gal) posting about selling "legit" passports, driver's licenses, etc lingers on here for a good chunk of a day, but someone's post criticizing a stupid limitation of a planned "enhancement" disappears almost immediately because of a spam filter?  As a little German dude used to say on Laugh-In  -------------- verrrrrry interesting, but not funny.

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

Yeah... fortunately my sense of smell is intact and something just doesn't smell right 'bout this one.

( Generic Comment )"
sjrcpa
Level 15

@IntuitAustin Have you put his original post back? 

Ex-AllStar
abctax55
Level 15

@sjrcpa  Good point.  IF the post shouldn't have been censored, then why not restore it?????

( Generic Comment )"
BobKamman
Level 15

I wonder if Intuit writes the program for its own spam filter.  We know that it doesn't check before something is posted, and then it didn't work over the weekend on the second attempt.  Does the tax software work intermittently, also? 

IntuitAustin
Intuit Alumni

Hi @sjrcpa ,

His post was restored here.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"
sjrcpa
Level 15

Thanks

Ex-AllStar
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@IntuitAustin wrote:

I'm looking into your question with our product team right now, I'll reply to your original thread when I have more information. 

Austin 

Any more information yet why Intuit is giving the restriction?

The original return must have been e-file through your ProSeries software. 

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-news-updates/discussion/individual-amended-for...

IRonMaN
Level 15

You probably posted the question a little too late.  Your question may have fallen in under the "need 50 votes to look at it category".  

Does anybody know what the word cynical means?

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Does Lacerte have the same limitation? I saw someone in another group say it didnt.

Im not seeing that limitation in Lacerte

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/lacerte-tax-news-updates/discussion/individual-amended-form-...

Can all Individual Amended filing types be e-filed?
Only an e-filed Form 1040 or 1040-SR can be amended (Excluded: 1040NR, 1040NR-EZ) 

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers