ohcrap
Level 2

COUPLE QUESTIONS:  

1) HOW ON EARTH DO YOU GET ANYBODY FROM PROSERIES PROFESSIONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE TO CALL YOU BACK???  AT LEAST THREE CALLS TO THEM WITH ZERO (0) RETURNED CALLS.

2) HOW DO YOU GET THE ABILITY TO USE LACERTE FOR A FEW FORMS THAT PROSERIES DOESN'T HAVE IN THEIR PROGRAM (EVEN THOUGH I HAVE MADE REQUESTS FOR THEM TO BE ADDED)?

INTUIT CUSTOMER SERVICE HAS HIT THE BOTTOM

HOW ABOUT A SUPERVISOR IN CUSTOMER SERVICE CALL ME BACK??

0 Cheers
jeffrey
Level 5

Support is clearly the downfall of this software. Although I admit they do try with the resources Intuit is allocating. 

Earlier in the year, Dashboard did not work. It took them weeks to get it functional. then it worked for a while. For the last week, I have been getting the error messages. I have E-signatures I am waiting on, and can't access via the software. 

When the problem first developed I contacted Pro Series, and although they fixed it, I asked to be advised that it is fixed, so I don't waste my time using Dashboard until it is fixed. Well, they never did.

As for Lacerete, I suppose you can use the pay per return option. Or ask support for the work around. They have a product at a fair price and they know it, therefore I don't think they budget for Tech support due to the "fair price". 

When I first started in the business, my mentor always said, if the software won't do what you want to, work the issue out the old fashioned way on paper forms.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Intuit really doesn't want you to talk to anybody directly --------------- that's why this place is here ------------ customer support without paying any employees.

As far as the Lacerte question goes, you would use it on a pay per return basis.  

Slava Ukraini!
ohcrap
Level 2

TIME TO MOVE ON??

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

But where are you going to move to?

As a corporation, Intuit sucks.  They do have a number of good people working for them, but from the customer side, it's as customer friendly as DeathStar.  As DeathStar has cruised through the accounting and tax world they always seem to tell their customers that Intuit knows more about what the customer wants and needs than the customers themselves.

When ProSeries is working as planned, it really is a good software for the price.  But it's when the bugs hit, it is enough to drive an almost sane person completely insane.  They don't really like to inform their users when there is a problem, but they also don't really like their customers clogging their phone lines when they are all calling about the same issue.  It's kind of insane, but welcome to Intuit.

I've been fortunate over the 150 years that I have been using ProSeries that I haven't had any life threatening issues develop with the software.  I can count on one hand how many times I have called support over all of those years.  But I do like to scan this forum to see when problems do pop up - kind of a preventive maintenance procedure.  For example, during tax season I will never run an update before I take a quick gander at this place.  When an update renders the software as functional as an ACME rocket, this place lights up with the issue and I'm not about to take another ACME rocket ride.

Out of curiosity, what forms are you looking at that are critical to your practice that ProSeries doesn't provide?

Slava Ukraini!
jeffrey
Level 5

I have yet to received any meaningful help on the software from this forum. I have posted issues in the past. Only to be disappointed in the majority of the replies that do not solve the problem. They should call this the Intuit Gripe Hotline for Poor Customer Service.

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"TIME TO MOVE ON??"

Yes, it is time to Move On for using all Capital Letters when you participate on the internet on a text-based discussion forum, since that is considered SHOUTING at the peer users trying to read your topic and be helpful to your issues.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@jeffrey wrote:

Support is clearly the downfall of this software.

I  completely disagree.  It is the developers that are the problem (including the managers of the developers).  If the developers cared and were better, there would be fewer problems and much less need for support.  But Intuit doesn't understand the concept of happy customers equals higher profits for them.

smate1
Level 1

All they hire is illiterate customer service persons that they are training who know nothing. Called three times today, they could barely complete a sentence. How far has this company fallen. I am a customer for 20 years.

0 Cheers
GMS Boston
Level 1

Customer support is terrible.   I have spend hours trying to get help.  They have screwed up my account so I have three account numbers, and have multiple case numbers and Managment will not call me back.

I plan on looking into new software in May.  This is the last year I will use this software.  They have become the bottom of the barrel in the last few years

0 Cheers