rpfaffe1
Level 1
Ever since the 2017 tax year, the password sign-in box has not identified whether the Cap Lock is on or not. Not being a good typist and not having an identifier on my keyboard, this must have caused me thousands of extra keystrokes signing in to the 2018 and 2019 tax year programs.If it was possible to do this for pre-2018 programs, then why not for 2018 on? Or am I missing a setting somewhere?
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

AGREED!   They took away that pop up warning that you have it in CAPS LOCK.  I miss it as well, but I've learned to check this first thing  if the program squawks at me that the password is wrong.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
rpfaffe1
Level 1

The question is why did they take it away and what is the possibility of bringing it back? I know to check it also when the program squawks, but it still requires a number of extra keystrokes to re-enter with the correct case type.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

They rebuilt 2018 from scratch, so many things that worked a certain way in 2017 and prior didnt happen in the 2018 program, and since they were focused on making the program work properly for things tax related, this appears to have been forgotten.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪