sidgriffin
Level 1

Same problem here – contacted technical support 7/23 when I was ready to file my first post 7/15 return that owed – they kept telling me that my client had -0- on the underpayment of estimates penalty line so there was no penalty …. That had/has nothing to do with late payment/interest on the balance due return and yes they owed more that 10% of the liability to the penalty does apply. Did the screen share and tech support was still going down her list of irrelevant items regarding estimated taxes... On 7/29 there is still no solution or work around except to pay the tax with the software and mail in the extra penalty/interest or pay directly on the IRS site…. I pay good money not to have to waste my time or my clients time doing these things – this is not something that only impacts one person it impacts anyone who files a 1040 after 7/15/20 owes, has interest and or penalty and wants to pay directly through the software. THROUGHLY DISSAPOINTED WITH INTUIT!!!! There was once a time when you called technical support and you could talk with someone that actually was familiar with the tax return software and the process - obviously not the case now....