Hdowd
Level 1

electronic withdrawal of extension payment did not happen on July 15th,  Form 9325 acknowledges the extension having been received but does not say payment was accepted for withdrawal.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I noticed on the extensions I filed with payment the 9325 doesnt show as payment accepted either...I dont have any way of checking if payments cleared or not without calling clients and asking.

My own extension with payment was filed a month ago and that payment came out just fine, I had scheduled it a week later than the date I filed the extension though, there may be some lag time if you schedule payment on the same day you file the extension.

Call the phone number on the 9325 see if the payment shows up as scheduled.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Hdowd
Level 1

Following up,  I called EFTPS  1-888-353-4537 to check on the electronic funds withdrawal,  they were able to give me the confirmations I needed.  I hade two extension payments of several hundred thousand dollars each, and I was concerned.  Did not want to call the client because that would have been embarrassing.  I am supposed to have all the answers.  EFTPS had a 15 minute hold time.  And they required that I provide tax payer ID,  Bank account routing and account number, and the exact amount of the payment before they would confirm.   I am substantially relieved.   Good Luck Lisa

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Thats reassuring, thanks for taking the time to check it out....really wish we were given some kind of payment confirmation number for electronic payments.

Since the payment is scheduled, but hasnt cleared yet, there must be some lag time to work its way through the system.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
BobKamman
Level 15

I'm so old I can remember when clients would ask about mailing a check to IRS in Fresno from some remote town in New England, so that they could earn interest on their money for another week or two.  Now, of course, the question is when the Fed will follow Europe down the road of negative interest rates.  

0 Cheers