qbteachmt
Level 15

"as we all know going to where's my refund tells you nothing"

@corinnerichardYou also asked this question, elsewhere: "1st does anyone have any valid reason why or how can they find out."

The IRS portals will tell you what the IRS has for status. There is no reason to consider it isn't real; that isn't Nothing, either. That is the Real Way to find out. It won't make the IRS work faster to keep asking the same question in 3 places, now. No one here works for the IRS, and no one here knows anything more than you would be able to find out for your specific clients by using the IRS resources.

It's all over the internet, the news, professional organization newsletter and emails, and even on this forum, as to the issues with the IRS this year. Further, the peer users on this forum that bring up ideas such as, "Gee, maybe I should resubmit as paper copies?" are going to end up clogging the system with duplicates.

And all the "nonfilers" that filed a basic return to get their stimulus check, when they really were "not filed yet" hasn't helped, either.

That means the entire problem you see now, 6 months out, is not going to resolve itself any quicker. Just wait until all the extensions come up in Sept and Oct, releasing even more K-1s and requiring more amended returns. I predict tax year 2019 filing in 2020 won't end until 2024.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.