huntsdabibil
Level 2

Does ProSeries plan on bringing the software up to 64bit? In task manager, the software is ran as 32-bit. I have installed and ran this on both Windows 10 and Windows Server 2019, with the same 32-bit result.

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Yes, ProSeries is 32 bit.  Is there a reason why you want it to be 64 bit???  For the most part, it isn't a processor intensive program and 64 bit wouldn't change much (except for likely introducing more programming errors).

View solution in original post

me112233
Level 4

Might not be processor intensive . . . yet it sure takes 10-15 seconds to calculate after a new number is input.  Ten years ago, the calculation after a new number is input was virtually instant.  The program takes well over a minute load and be ready to use (start-up time after clicking the icon), and easily fifteen seconds to open a client once one is selected.  And the computer I'm using today is far more powerful than the one I was using 10 years ago.  The processor is an i5-6400T, not the fastest by today's standards, yet not a slouch, either . . . ought to be running simple calculations instantly.  And the system is running 16GB ram, so there's no possibility of a bottleneck.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Mine runs fine.  You either have a computer issue or a software issue - it isn’t a 32 bit issue.

Slava Ukraini!
Hillenburg
Level 4

Mine too.