Level 2
This widget could not be displayed.

Building bought about 10 years ago and put into S-corp against my advice.  About a year ago sole shareholder paid off the mortgage and began collecting rent from the S-Corp (saying she was now the owner).  How do I transfer the building to the shareholder without triggering a tax.  Can I just record a distribution of an amount equal to basis? Must any such distribution be at market value? Must it be a purchase a current market value?

Labels (1)
0 Cheers