Olga2
Level 1

EF tells me I cannot E-File a return because I don't have the most current version of ProSeries 2018.  When I go to update, it says there are NO updates at this time.  Please help.

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

In the regular updates area, there's a *refresh* button.

Based on the numerous times this question has been asked....that solves the problem.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

refresh.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Thanks Lisa....  you can provide the visuals 🙂

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Theres a new ProSeries Tool Hub that has fixes for all these common issues.  It was in  a yellow banner alert the other day, I downloaded it at home, if it works, it looks like it would solve many problems....its got some kind of unknown publisher error that makes my anti virus at work block it from installing....so I think they need to fix that before I tell people to try and use it.....ohhh, but maybe its for 2019 only, so I guess it wouldnt help with 2018.

Olga2
Level 1

Hi, I did the "refresh Updates" and it still didn't work for me.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You can close proSeries and try REPAIR Updates from the Windows program menu, if neither of these work, you may need to call support.....oh, 2018 doesnt have the REPAIR option, but it does have refresh from that menu, Id try it from there outside of ProSeries and see if you have any better luck.

repairupdates.png

0 Cheers
Olga2
Level 1

I tried it...didn't work.

0 Cheers