kgudgel
Level 4

Using Proseries Professional, I (and my clients) like the Client Advisor that prints with the Client presentation.  According to the description, Proseries automatically selects from 71 (or is it 73) different tax planning suggestions.

I know there are "warnings" about not editing the Client Presentation or Client Advisor unless you are comfortable with Excel.  Well, I am fairly comfortable with Excel and have a couple of questions:

1) How do I get a list or tags for the tax fields?  i.e. cy_refund is the current year refund.  cy normally means current year, and py means previous year.  But what if there is some other field that I want to display?  How do I pull that up?  (In particular, I am considering creating a comparison for state data, so would like the field tags for the states.)

2)  How are the specific tax planner suggestions generated and where is that list of 71 or 73?  In the excel file, I see no logic fields or macros which are generating the suggestions.  So, is that page directly exported from Proseries?  The reason I ask this is I would like to add a few suggestions (based on logic).  For instance, I would like to add for anyone turning 65 I would like to give them a reminder to sign up for Medicare (so age based).  Also as they turn 65 they need to start taking RMDs (again age based).  So, is there a way for me to add (based on simply logic) some additional tax planner suggestions?

0 Cheers