CENGLISH10
Level 1

So first the economic impact portal "Get my payment" said they didn't have enough information, then later they said I was giving them the wrong information.  Neither should be true. 

My husband and I have a small business together, but he is mostly retired and is receiving Social Security and I was working as an independent contractor in 2017, 2018, 2019, but not now in 2020.  

In 2017 and 2018, because of miscalculation Covered California, we owed about $1000 each year and filed a Form 9465  for both of those years.  This had our direct deposit on it.  

I haven't wanted to file 2019 taxes because not sure about Covered California, and also felt it might confuse stimulus check because my status with my company changed again.  

So-- is it because he is Social Security and I am mostly working?  Or just because we're married? Is it because the IRS doesn't look at Form 9465 for information for stimulus, only for exacting payment?  Should I have filed 2019 taxes?  Probably would have had same situation as 2018, so I don't see how that might have helped.  These were all filed electronically.

0 Cheers