JWM
Level 3

I'd like to request ProSeries to put together a project to capture TAX PRO ideas on improving the communication process between ProSeries and Taxpros, especially with respect to solving software errors.  For example,

1) the idea of establishing an Investigation and then linking concrete case #s to it to facilitate communication of progress on solving a problem to those affected is FANTASTIC. But 1) after being told my case was added last week, I have YET to receive any sort of email confirmation including the case #, the investigation # and summary of the issue. 2) I have received no update, even to say that "after two days we have been unable to resolve the issue but we think we know where the issue is an will be in touch in two days with an update". Etc. Who knows if this investigation really exists?

2) I had a case open for two months, and apparently a single message was left on my voicemail that i did not hear, and found out when following up two weeks later that the case had been closed without resolution. !? Problem not resolved.  Why wouldn't an email go out? or two? The issue is a SOFTWARE issue, has been confirmed by ProSeries as such. That means the problem remains UNRESOLVED until ProSeries solves it.  Neither I nor others can file this return (fincen114) with this particular problem until it is fixed. Why on earth would ProSeries not follow through to solve an admitted software issue?

I know Pro Series mines customer responses etc on an ad hoc basis as part of an overall improvement process. But I think if Pro Series were serious about it, were to directly engage us on how to improve the quality of communication, Pro Series might learn of many many ideas, just one or two of which might SIGNIFICANTLY build brand loyalty. I'd much rather be praising Pro Series to others all the time than looking for a reason NOT to switch software every year.