rutkocpa
Level 2

This morning ProSeries updated the program and now when I try to print any Federal Schedules I get a blank piece of paper.  So I tried to print both a Federal and State Tax Return and the Federal yielded blank pieces of paper and the State printed just fine but the Federal supporting schedules did not print.

Any one else have this experience?

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Restart the computer, see if that fixes it...I have to do this after every update or I cant print from the program.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
rutkocpa
Level 2

I have restarted the computer 4 times and updated Windows also so everything is up to date.

rutkocpa
Level 2

The problem is very strange!!!!  It prints state but 2 blank pages for Federal.  Again this started this morning with the update.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Have you restarted the printer as well?  Does it act like its printing but then nothing happens?  Do you see any type of message on the screen?  If you print to a PDF does it just show blank pages too? 

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Do you happen to have the box checked for using the 1040SR?   Its on the fed info worksheet right above the address....if so, see if unchecking that box change anything...Ive seen some weird printing issues when that 1040SR box is checked.

rutkocpa
Level 2

Yes if we print to PDF blank pages for Federal and State prints.

rutkocpa
Level 2

Yes I have restarted printer also.

rutkocpa
Level 2

re the 1040-SR you have to answer yes or no and we answered No.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Ok, since this happened right after an update and doesnt seem to respond to any of the printer tricks, Im guessing you got a bad update installation....

Close ProSeries and from the Windows Programs menu, choose Repair Updates.  This should flush out the old update and allow a new fresh update to be installed.

repair.png

rutkocpa
Level 2

After 7 hours of chasing this problem My tech guy and I found the Tools-Reapir Updates button and corrected the problem.  The problem occurred as the download in the morning did not properly work so when you would go back to the system and do another update the system said there were no updates so yes the correction in any of these cases is to go to the Start Menu, to ProSeries 2019 to the down arrow to Tools-Repair Updates.  Of course this is after you check for all Windows updates and ProSeries Updates.  Matter Resolved and Now I can get back to work.

The_AntiTax_Man
Level 8

I had a similar problem.  I could print the Federal and State returns, however there were a number of individual tax forms that randomly did not print throughout the return being printed.  Thanks for posting the fix @Just-Lisa-Now-  and @rutkocpa . 

It would sure be nice if the folks in charge of PS19 would notify users when they have bugs in their software updates.  Having to hunt for the fixes among all of these community board postings is so unprofessional.  

The most important feature of a software program is reliability. 

0 Cheers