Success with a work around at Pro Series Customer Support using the fantastic help from ProSeries customer service agent Terrenz Grace - 

She worked with the ProSeries back end team to come up with an alternative direct link to update the EFIN Verification using a copy of the online updated IRS PTIN Credential Summary form because the online form myproconnect.intuit.com/#/accounts/details  does not allow data entry of a foreign address especially the state and postcode fields or foreign phone number.

At this time IRS does not accept calls into the E Help support line and even when it does the IRS does not allow a 2nd step verification secure option for foreign phone numbers so its not possible at this to log on to E Services at all when operating a tax practice from overseas.

ProSeries Customer Service will provid a direct PCG EFIN Verification screen to use in Exploer mode not Chrome which they will email direct to you after the ProSeries back end have verified our situation and rego numbers to fill in and submit to ProSeries who take about 2 days to process and send instruction how to re license with our new address.

Do not even try to use the online EFIN Verification screen at this time because you must go through ProSeries customer support.

This PCG EFIN Verification link work around requires us to absolutely 1st call in to ProSeries customer service to have them control and verify this process with you for your particular update situation:

1. Show the reason I am submitting as an address change
  2. add the state after the city field
  3. to enter the state field as FC9999
  4. to enter the EFIN App tracking number as 0000
  5. attach the PDF copy of my updated IRS PTIN Credential Summary form being sure that all rego numbers show including my PTIN number especially with the new address
  6. to check “I agree to the terms and conditions” and select 3rd option as follows: “I cannot access my Application Summary today on e-Services. Please grant me One-time temporary e-file access using my outdated documentation for 30 days until I regain access to e-Services and can resubmit my EFIN Credentials”
  7. Apparently the ProSeries back end team will extend this 30 days to perhaps 6 months due to the facts above.

Summary Appreciation: So ProSeries customer service agent Terrenz Grace wisely found a work around solution to updating foreign addresses and contact information. She deserves enormous praise and appreciation for her timely and diligent efforts including her follow up calls to make sure that all was processed properly.

Much appreciation from a 20 year experienced professional tax accountant based in Australia and for the many other tax accountants based overseas.

0 Cheers