Greta
Level 9

Clients who have no bank accounts use relative's bank information for their refunds. Will this preclude their direct deposit receipts for stimulus checks.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

The IRS is supposed to use the banking info on the tax return for the stimulus.  The IRS is working on a portal to get your banking info to them, Im not sure if that will also let you change the info, but I would hope so.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

Greta
Level 9

I saw the portal for folks who did not file due to low income and who do not receive social security benefits. It specifically says not to use the portal if you filed a return. I have clients who filed a return but balked at putting down bank information, worried about it getting in the wrong hands, so I gave them vouchers to mail in their checks. I guess they need to wait for checks in the mail.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Having patience is a virtue.  It appears that we currently are not living in a virtuous world.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
MGM59
Level 1

I tried to login today to update my banking information and received a message that my information does not match the IRS records. I am 100% sure it is correct, is any one receiving this error?

I have spoken to other friends who were able to get in and some that were not, any information out there would be welcomed

0 Cheers