Raj1
Level 4

My Question/s about “Recent” Pro Series Professional Updater Issue

April 8, 2020

Until 2 days ago, at the start of the day, I will start my laptop and then log into Pro Series Professional.

Only at my specific command of “Update”, it will update download and then install the updates.

But for last 2 days (despite logging out of the Pro Series several times) and even restarting the laptop several times, I experience the following:

When I click on the Pro Series 2019 icon, it automatically starts the “Updater” and brings to Install command.  When I say install, it starts with a funny and weird progress bar of:

North Dakota                     [social security number removed] % (I mean some large % numbers)

Total Progress                   -[social security number removed] % (I mean some large % numbers)

If I say “Install” the dialogue box and Pro Series completely disappears.

I can go to the software ONLY if I select “Install Later” command.

OTHERWISE in an alternative situation:

I get a message: Other Program Busy

Options: Retry / Cancel

And then It gives me error code: 5

Any thoughts / clarifications / updates would be highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards.

Raj1

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Have you tried clicking the computer start menu then click ProSeries then repair updates?

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

Raj1
Level 4

Thanks for your reply but I am not clear about the steps you are suggesting.

Besides, I find that the same thing happened today for the first time on my other laptop exclusively used by me ONLY for efile.  So it is not related to a particular laptop and may be system related coming from Pro Series.

If you feel OK, please try to update the software on your computer and see what results you get.

I must mention that I am using "Stand Alone" version of the PS Prof.

I can also confirm that when the download comes to North Dakota is when the problem starts as experienced by me on the second laptop.

The only way I get out of this is by "Install Later" option but then it takes to another weird situation stating that server is busy and try closing other apps when in fact there are no apps open.

If you don't allow the Updater to work right at the beginning to avoid this problem, then the PS software disappears and says Error 5.

0 Cheers
chantelsoutham
Level 3

I am having the same exact issue! And it’s with North Dakota. And now I can’t efile ND returns because it says I don’t have the most recent version. This is what it looks like when it tries to update. I have attached a picture. I guess I can’t upload a picture as it’s saying it’s too big and I just took a screenshot. Yes I have restarted my computer; several times. This needs to get fixed ASAP!

0 Cheers
chantelsoutham
Level 3

Thank you Ironman! That worked perfectly!! You are the best!

IRonMaN
Level 15

You betcha!

Slava Ukraini!
Raj1
Level 4

Even after fixing the issue with the suggested solution which worked, this issue keeps popping up in a different way i.e. It now does not get stuck at North Dakota update with funny and weird large 10 digit progress bar, but when the Pro Series is started, it says the server / other program is busy and Switch or Retry.

Luckily, I got to speak with a very very helpful PS Tech Mr. Erik who had received similar feedback from other PS users.

I requested to him and thru our Community again request PS/Intuit to have a patch sent to all the PS Prof Users to fix the issue to avoid each individual user going thru this problem.

0 Cheers